Saturday 23 November 2013

Part 80



The news had hit the headlines of all local news papers. Every news paper came up with their own version of the reasons for the suicide. Nani tried to keep away the news from the kids. But Anajali and Arnav got the glimpses of the media wrath. He was surrounded by media wherever he went and was bombarded with nasty questions all the time for next several days. He kept quiet and stopped going out. He was getting the feel of his father's family and to what extent they can go to malign his reputation.

"One day this same media will praise me relentlessly. I will be so powerful and rich that I will own the media!" He thought to himself. He realized that only money and power will make him successful. He was determined to reach that height.

Then the series of court cases started over the dispute of the property. Arnav and Anjali didn't want any but were dragged to court by their father's family members and their home, where they were born, where they grew up, where they played, they spent their time with their parents, was snatched away by their father's family.

Those people did not stop there but another series of humiliation shattered Arnav and Anjali. Here again he saw the power of muscle and money. He had seen the cases going against them with the political and money power of his father's family. His conviction proved to be right this time also that money and power are the two ultimate requisites to be successful.

Arnav sat with his head down looking exhausted. Khushi could not stop her sobs. Papaji was looking up joining his hands and locking his fingers, praying Wahe Guru and thanking god for sending Khushi in his life. He shuddered at the thought of Raj's departure from their lives. He could feel Nani's pain and understood what mummiji might have felt when he forbade her from contacting Raj. He thanked god again and again for saving him from the sin by sending Khushi. She had given mummiji and papaji a new life by uniting their family and becoming a part herself. She had brought in a gem of a person like Arnav making papaji's family complete. He blessed both Arnav and Khushi silently and looked at Arnav to continue.

Arnav kept thinking about Khushi and feeling her humiliation when the clipping of her falling in his arms in fashion show was all over the place. He had faced the same humiliation. He regretted at everything he had done to her. "There is no forgiveness for what I did to you, Khushi!" he thought.

Khushi had run out in grief and to control herself. She went into kitchen, prepared strong coffee again and came in with the tray. Arnav took a mug and kept staring at it sipping silently. After a while he spoke again.

"We were coming to terms with our new environment. Nani had put me in a boarding school, to keep me away from all the trouble. Di continued her education externally.

The new storm swept us all which revealed the brutal reality about us. In the process of snatching away everything from us, they proved that my father was already married to a woman and had a son. They brought before the court a boy of my Di's age claiming him to be the son of my father from his legally wedded wife. They produced photographs of their marriage. I had never heard my father talking about his family. I had never seen him talking to my mother about it. I think this was revealed to her at the time of Di's marriage and she killed herself.

His family members did not stop there. They proved that my mother was never married to my father as there was no evidence from our side. There was no one to vouch for their marriage. Not only our possessions were snatched away but they challenged us to use the family name. Our family name too was snatched away from us. Nani took a decision and gave her family name through an affidavit and officially changing our names"
Arnav looked at Khushi and Papaji. He waited for papaji's reaction and Papaji gestured him to go ahead and tell the truth.

"Khushi!" spoke Arnav looking at Khushi. "Our family name was snatched away from us and I became Arnav Singh Raizada. In fact, I am only Arnav Singh, with no father's name, an orphan with no family. We were declared illegitimate children of my so called father, Mr. Nirmal Singh Thakur. I was made to eliminate my family name from my name. And this Ratan Singh Thakur is my so called half brother. My mother got a status of no more than a keep" he said bitterly. Khushi merely gaped with blank face....
"Khushi, This is the whole truth that I am an illegitimate child of my parents and have no social status what so ever"
He waited looking at Khushi. He waited for the outburst and thrashing. He knew her orthodox beliefs will rebound and she will turn her back on him once again.

"Haan Toh? So what?" Khushi asked him looking straight into his eyes.
"What?" Arnav had not expected this reaction nor did papaji. They both got up and stared at Khushi. She too got up from her chair looking confused. "So what?" she repeated her question.

"What? Did you hear the truth I told you? Did you not understand what I said?" Arnav asked her furiously.
"Yes Arnavji, I heard the truth and that's why I asked you "so what?" asked Khushi equally furiously.
"What? So what!" Khushi.. are you out of your mind? Have you lost it?" Arnav screamed. Papaji looked confused.

"No I haven't.. but have you? Arnavji? I asked you a simple question, So what? And why did you have to react like this? She raised her voice sounding hysterical. Arnav gaped at her and then looked at papaji for support. Papaji had left his place and had come around.

"Yes, Arnavji. I have understood what you said. But you did not! I know what is that so called illegitimacy means. And I want to tell you that I don't give it a damn! I don't care what name you had, you have or you will have. Its only YOU that matters to me! I don't care if you are Arnav Singh Thakur OR Raizada or anybody. I don't care what your family did. Do you understand? Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada or whatever it is?" she screamed and went ahead.

"Let me make this clear. The relationship may be illegitimate but the children can never be! They are the children of mother and father. Motherhood cannot be illegitimate, no matter what relationship the parents had. You understand?  You are your mother's son!" she shouted at him raising her hand and waiving her index finger.

"What?" Arnav blurted! "Yes" said Khushi still furious. Arnav stood like a statue gaping at her.

Papaji came forward and embraced her kissing her forehead. He turned her still in his embrace, to face Arnav exclaming "That's my child!! See I told you! I am proud of you Khushi puttar...!" he looked at Arnav broadly smiling.

Arnav stared at both of them "You mean .. you don't care?" He asked her again.
She rolled her eyes saying "Can you not understand? How many times do I have to tell you? you brainless g.." she imitated him with his famous reserved dialogue only for her. He gaped with his jaw dropping and then realizing what he had heard looked at papaji.

He nodded and pushed Khushi a bit towards Arnav. He grabbed the opportunity grabbing her tightly and without any inhibitions about the presence of Papaji, pulled her closer in his arms burring his face in her shoulder, happily. Khushi tried to pull herself away blushing but Arnav did not let her go, in fact tightened his grip. Papaji turned his back on the couple and Arnav could not stop himself. He kissed her on her cheek and almost lifted her off the ground. Papaji wiped off his eyes. The eclipse was over and the skies were clear. The clock struck 5.00 in the morning.

A new day had dawned with new life for Arnav and Khushi!

Papaji suddenly turned and Arnav released Khushi. "Ok. Kids I am going out and you are not to come out of this room till I tell you to! Understand?" He looked serious and went out of the room locking it from outside.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow,wonderful update,.. i 'm d 1st one to comment!!so happy,. waiting for arshi romance!!

continue soon,.
RS

Unknown said...

Hello
Thank you all for your comments,
Sunita, thanks a lot. humm... let us see how this Rattan turns out to be...
Kkg fan, yes its hard to digest that Arnav is telling this. But you know, he is also the person who never relied on anyone else... he fights his own battle... So got to tell this himself to his Khushi...Thank you for the comment..
PS, thanks for your comment... let us see what happens next...
Suhana, thanks a lot dear...
RS, thank you! Hope you like this update too..!

Please read Dhatri too!! (I know, I am shamelessly promoting my story... but can't help... I feel you all should read that story too! )
Love
KF

Unknown said...

WOW di,what an update!So proud of Arnav and khushi!It was so amazing! Poor arnav had suffered so much and I feel so sorry for him.I'm so proud of him and khushi.Finally his insecurities have cleared.Waiting as usual.Please continue soon di!

Love

Anonymous said...

awesome !!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad that Arnav finally got this off his chest, and absolutely loved our Sanka Devi's reaction and resolve. She has been a true saviour to Arnav and PapaJi......well written, thought out and portrayed.......kkg fan

sunitasharmadubey said...

Hi KHUSHIFAN...I think now our dear ARNAV don`t have any of those nightmares again.Hat`s of to our pure heart KHUSHI she is beauty with brain, understanding and mature.... she is truly other half of ARNAV...I must say like "YIN&YANG"
"THEY COMPLETE EACH-OTHER"...Thank you for very nice story line.... Thank you for this very heart-warming nice update....I must say it again...I really love your story and you also. :)

Anonymous said...

Finally I am able to put my comments!
Dear Khushifan,
At last I got time to complete all u r updates. Mind blowing. No words to express my feelings. U know I am not good I writing like u. Indeed an excellent understanding by Khushi. "They r made for each other" . Last update is nice warm update n soothing one. Expecting few romantic movements for Arshi. Once again "a Khushifan u r amazing I! "
Phari

Anonymous said...

Oh! What an incredible track. Just amazing. Poor Arnav had to face such incorrect 'Aarop' about his parents. People can stoop to any level. I love Khushi and her confidence and support. She is a gem and most precious one always to Arnav and Papaji. Beautiful narration KF. A big HUG to you for this. Eagerly waiting for their special moments.
Thanks and bye.
PS