Monday 4 November 2013

Part 69


“What? How?” asked Arnav. “How do you know?.. I mean, did he see her? In your office? Was he in your office?” Arnav couldn’t stop asking questions and was thoroughly confused.

“Arnav! Hold your breath! He tried to abduct Khushi this morning!” Papaji said slowly.

“What?” He got up with a jerk banging his head on the upholstery of the ceiling of his car. His cell fell down. He picked it up hurriedly, “Hello! What? What are you saying? Is she ok? Where is she? Can I … I mean I am coming there!” Said Arnav aghast with shock.

“No! don’t even think about it. You are not coming here. And she is alright now. She was traumatized but has recovered! Don’t worry. You can talk to her later. Puttar, ..” Papaji narrated the morning incident to Arnav as much as he could assimilate from Khushi’s incoherent narration of the incident. With every detail, Arnav’s anxiety increased, his pulse raced and his heart thumped against his chest. His mouth fell open and went dry. Slowly his rage took over his anxiety. His fists clenching, he stared furiously.

“I.. I will kill that bastardl!” He muttered. “Puttar, calm down. This is not the time to lose your head. Control yourself.” Papaji said trying to pacify him.

“Puttar, she is at home. You may want to call her before we continue our discussion on further planning. So I will call you later! And don’t do anything in haste and without intimating me! Promise me!” Said papaji seriously.

There was no answer from Arnav for some time..”Puttar, I am waiting for your promise!” Said papaji. “Yes..OK! I… I will not!” Promised Arnav reluctantly.

Arnav, desperately wanted to be with her. He dialed her number. The call didn’t get through. “Damn it!” he muttered furiously. He tried several times. Then as last resort, called the land line. Butler picked up. Khushi was in her room. Butler knocked on her door and gave her the handset. “Hello!”
“Khushi….!” His voice cracked… “Are you ok?” Arnav called desperately.
“I am ok. Arnavji” Said Khushi in a small voice. She flinched remembering the morning incident. “Woh  main... huf...I..I. I was..” She wanted to tell him everything in an instant. She chocked. words failing her and her desperation mounting she started sobbing uncontrollably.

Arnav froze. “Khushi…. Khushi, don’t! Khushi…” words failed him too! He felt her pain in his chest, her trauma, her despair, her distress, her helplessness… All her emotions reflected in his heart. He swallowed hard, his lips quavering, nose flaring, he clasped his mouth in desperation, and then “Khushi..! “ Screamed.

She stopped sobbing, holding her breath, suddenly with his scream. There was a silence for a while. Then controlling his emotions he said softly.. “Khushi.. please.. control yourself. .. Khushi.. Khushi.. stop crying!” he pleaded passionately. Her sobbing subsiding she nodded. “Khushi.. are you listening to me?” she again nodded..”Khushi…are you there? Are you listening?. Her nods did not reach him. “Answer me goddamn it!” he shouted.

“I .. I answered! She stuttered.. “I nodded…!” and then smiling in realization.. she said “Sorry.. I forgot, we are on phone.. and you cannot see me.. I actually nodded in acceptance..! silly me!”

Arnav’s anger suddenly subsided, he chuckled. “You are impossible! Khushi!” he said smiling.
“Khushi I will go get my laptop, then maybe we can chat!” he said walking into the office to get the laptop.

“Laptop?” Khushi blurted. “Arnavji, I broke it … even my mobile..Papaji broke it!…” she started crying again.

“Damn it!” Arnav gritted his teeth. “Its ok “ he suddenly remembered that he was in office. He hurriedly ran out of the office and said “Its Ok Khushi… I will call you on your landline later. Now you have some rest and be safe.. Khushi..I..I…” he could not finish his sentence!

Arnav came back to the office crestfallen. The unanswered questions began spinning his head. He tried to concentrate on his work in vain. The urge to be with Khushi at this point of time made him restless and crazy. He felt helpless. His mood changed.  His temper reached the peak. He created havoc in the office, shouting at the top of the voice for no reason and scolding people left and right. He even shouted at Aakash on phone and called him irresponsible. People in the office froze in fright and tried to keep themselves away from his wrath.

Arnav could not bear the pressure and left the office. He sat in his car but could not drive. Hopelessness creeped in.  He stared unfocused with moist eyes.  He closed his eyes. Two droplets of tears rolled down his cheek without his permission. He got furious at himself. His phone rang.

Papaji was at the other end. Arnav felt better hearing his voice. "Papaji..!" he spoke in despair.

"Puttar, I know what you are going through! Even I was distressed in the morning when I saw Khushi in that condition and snatched away her phone breaking it into pieces. Her phone must have given him the location. Puttar.." He waited for the response from the other side.
Every word of papaji made Arnav whimper in pain. He said "Yes.. papaji" in hoarse voice.

"Puttar, we have a few alternatives I need to discuss with you" said papaji.
"We will go to the police. I want to see him behind the bars!" Said Arnav revengefully.

"I already have lodged the complaint..I am trying to get hold of the footage of the CCD Cameras also.... but... Puttar, think about it! We go to police, put him behind the bars, he applies for bail, comes out, manipulates the situation, Khushi will be dragged into this and there will be greater rift between your family members and Khushi making it difficult for you!" Papaji said showing him the consequences.

"I..I will kill him! I will pay for his hunt! I will hire a hitman!" Arnav said with gritted teeth clenching his fists.

"Hmm, puttar, keep your head and mind in sync. You know that is out of question!" papaji said dismissing his idea.

"Papaji, Khushi broke her laptop!" He suddenly changed the track. Papaji was puzzled. "Is he talking deliriously?" papaji thought. But Arnav wished he could ask Khushi if she has any of her filmy ideas to get out of this and punish Sham.
"Puttar, I know! Let us not discuss about her laptop now." Said papaji calmly.
"You do not know, how badly I need to see her!" thought Arnav.

"Puttar, putting him behind bars is not the right solution at this point of time. That is his final destination. We need to see who is behind all this. If he is dancing to someone else's tunes, we need to find that person. Looking at the way he planned everything, I am sure someone very powerful is behind this or he is playing a duel role. He thinks Khushi is a threat to his plans or maybe he wants her, for...." Papaji could not even utter those words, though he thought about that possibility.

"No! He can't touch her. I will not let that happen. I will kill him!" gritted Arnav.
"Yes, I understand! Arnav bete, I am just blurting out the possibilities." Said Papaji pacifying him.

"Ok Considering the men he used in this plot, I think he used his political contacts to get those men. I will find out" Papaji thought aloud.
"Papaji, Don't send her here for the wedding. I am worried!" he said this unwillingly. "I am sorry, but I will try and convince her not to come! I mean.. I know she will be disappointed. But there is no other go!.. " He started off as if convincing himself for her absence in the wedding.. He felt a knot in his stomach.

"No! Puttar, she will come. I mean, she should. And we are all there to protect her. We will be more prepared... Puttar.. we have to take care of Anjali... She should know...." Papaji said determinedly. Arnav felt better and relieved.
"Papaji, Raj! We will take his help..." A plan flashed in Arnav's mind. Papaji listened to him carefully and then said "Yes! I think this is a better idea. Ok. Let us do it. You take charge of this and I will do the rest per your plan." Papaji said. "after all, he is my son in law!" Papaji felt proud of Arnav.

*** **
Arnav was on video chat with Raj giving him the account of the incidents. He was talking to him for a long time late in the night. He suddenly saw Khushi online... shocked, he got up from his chair. "Khushi?" he blurted.

"umm... Raj! I think we have finished for the day..! I mean.." Arnav said hastely.

"Oh! Yes, I know! Khushi is online!" Raj said laughing "Good night BIL" said Raj and hung up.

"Khushi....!" Her image flashed on his screen and his heart jumped out.
"Arnavji!" Said Khushi happily. The traces of the morning trauma were still visible on her face but her eyes flashed happiness to see him on the screen.
He kept gazing at her image unblinkingly. "Arnavji, papaji bought a new laptop for me. This is great! It has a built in web cam!" she exclaimed excitedly. Arnav chuckled... His heart filled with happiness, he winked at her causing her blush furiously...!

Next day, early morning the door bell rang. Arnav hardly had a sleep in the night. He had talked to Khushi for a long time drawing all the curtains tightly. He had suddenly become extremely paranoid. He got up with a start at the sound of the doorbell.

Sham came in. He looked disastrous. His face swollen, one eye blackened, sutures on his cheek with white adhesive tapes and nose tightly bandaged. He looked completely shattered.

Mami was having her early morning tea at the table. She got up startled. "hello hi bye bye! Kahase naak katavaike aye ho damadji? Ek thoda inbheestigasan kare ki padi!" she blurted. "From where did you cut off your nose to bring disgrace? I have to investigate!" she said. Arnav stared at him smirking. He suddenly turned his back and marched towards Aakash's room, trying to control his laugher. He remembered Khushi's animated description of her encounter with Sham. She had described the entire episode with actions, reactions and replays of the significant actions!

He met Aakash half way through. "Aakash, he has come, totally devastated! Look at him" he said actually grinning silently. "What!" Aakash exclaimed. He came hurriedly towards the table and asked "What happened? Are you ok. Jijaji?" He too had to control and work hard to keep his face straight.

Nani came in and froze. She kept staring at Sham in shock. "What happened damadji?" She asked looking concerned and looked around. She saw Aakash and Arnav's straight faces. Sham was not in a position to speak anything. "Anjali bitiya.. " nani called out. Anjali was in the bathroom.  She shouted "Yes, nani coming" wondering why nani had called her, unaware of things happening at the table.

"What happened Jijaji?" Arnav and Aakash asked unanimously and looked at each other, immediately looking away for the fear of bursting out in laughter.
Sham did not speak anything, neither looked at anyone. "Hello hi bye bye! Is there a nose under your bandage or you have said bye bye to your nose?" she asked loudly. Sham did not answer. "Noj ke saath kaan bhi katavayake aiye ho kya? Male Soorpanakha hoi gaye shayad! Have you cut off your ears also with your nose?" she asked.

"Manorama, quiet!" ordered naniji. She looked at sham's face and thought "he must have got beaten up somewhere....

Anjali came in and screamed looking at her husband's face. She came nearer and holding his arm asked him. "What happened? Oh god! I knew it.. something bad is going to happen. I had a nightmare yesterday night" she started crying.
"Anjali bitiya, calm down. Give him a hot tea and let him rest for some time. We will discuss about it later." Nani said in a steady voice and looked at the two brothers standing there, expressionless, facing Sham.

Anjali sat beside sham still crying and muttering. "What happened?" she asked passionately.

"I had a minor accident. I fell down..." Sham started off.

"Muh ke bal gire hou kya, damad ji? Kise bye bye kar rahe the? Hello hi bye bye! Have you fallen flat on the face?" asked mamiji sarcastically with her usual style. Arnav could not control and choked. Coughing hard he turned around to have a glass of water.

He had an urge of clicking a snap and showing it to Khushi. He searched for his cell. He had left it in his room. He had tea without uttering a word but kept on glancing at Sham's face and enjoying his plight. Anjali was completely devastated and kept on pestering sham to tell what happened and where. Sham avoided most of her questions looking at the other members of the family.
"Anjali bitiya, please take him to the room. Let him have some rest." Said nani and dismissed the gathering.

*** *** ***
Arnav came back to his room still smirking. He wanted to talk to Khushi and Papaji but thought of calling them later as he had to rush to the office. Aakash banged open his room door and marching in asked "Bhai.. what happened to Jijaji? And why were you...?"

"Aakash, he tried to kidnap Khushi, yesterday!" Suddenly his mood changed. He became serious remembering Khushi's plight yesterday.

"What? Why did you not tell me?" Asked Aakash sounding hurt.
"Aakash, I didn't want to tell this to anyone. Your wedding is approaching and I didn't want you to spoil your mood. Do not tell this to anyone but..." He narrated the incident to Aakash.

Aakash did not react. He looked at Arnav and turned his back to leave. Arnav, utterly confused, called "Aakash.. I am sorry! I should have told you yesterday!..But Aakash.."

Aakash did not turn back. He said "Bhai wait here... I just want to see him again with that face. I have not had enough of it!" he said sniggering and turned to face his Bhai. They grinned at each other.....


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello

Thank you for all your comments. Hope you like this update too.

Please read Dhatri too and comment.

KF

sunitasharmadubey said...

Hi KHUSHIFAN...Last part is really hilarious...with MAMIJI`S word ...I can`t able to control my laugh :)
finely ARNAV and AAKASH find something to grinned and laugh.... together PAPAJI,RAJ and ARNAV will do some action to control SHAM(E).......
AS KHUSHI said to PAYAL ....

Anonymous said...

Another great update. Hope they get the snap of Slime and send it to Khushi and PapaJi. Anjali needs to prayer some more and abstain from Slime's presence.

Thanks for the update.....kkg fan

Anonymous said...

Amazing track. Just loved it to the core. Want to re-read this once again. the narration is superb. IT had all the elements like anger, distress, trauma, desperation to meet each other and comfort in each other arms. Of course, when he saw her on the laptop, I think they were able to breathe normally.
Wonderful chemistry. The sight of Sham was hilarious and he deserved this and more. anyway, your Khushi is very brave. Perfect character.
Looking forward to the next interesting action. Thanks and bye. Take care.
PS

Anonymous said...

Awesome update...loved it

Sharmi

Anonymous said...

loved it,. arnav's reaction was amazing..
continue soon
RS

Anonymous said...

Dear Khushifan,
Fantastic track. Amazing.. at least 10 times i must have read this. Very nice.. Just as curiosity asking how can you think such a beautiful scenes. Once again Thanks and looking forward for your next update.
Phari