Wednesday 13 November 2013

Part 72



They drove in silence. Her rage subsiding she asked, "Are the invitation cards distributed?"

"Yes. Do you want to have a look at the list?" He asked her still sulking about her behavior.

"No!" she said smiling.
"We invited all our relatives and business associates. This is going to be a big social gathering!" he said looking little relaxed.

"I will personally go and invite papaji and mummiji! I have already talked to them. Raj is coming."He said.

"No need! I have already invited them from bride's side." She said looking at him.

He arched his eyebrow. "I am inviting papaji and mummiji from the groom's side" he said defiantly.

"They are my papaji and mummiji!" she retorted. "And since when he became your papaji?" she asked furiously. Arnav smiled, she was back to normal.
"Do you want to go back or fight for some more time?" Asked Arnav smirking! She looked around. They had reached her home.

"Khushi!" He called out. She turned back. He handed over a new cell phone to her "This is only for you and me! Keep it with you always!" he looked at her passionately. She smiled and took the phone. He drove away smiling.
Her new cell rang within five minutes. "Khushi!!"

"What is it Arnavji?" She asked blushing. "Nothing! Just wanted to check!" he said chuckling.

"Hm?" she questioned. "Just wanted to check if you threw it away!" he whispered.

"I am talking to you Arnavji, so I have not thrown it." She said. She had come out talking to him in excitement.

"M'am. Are you going out somewhere?" asked a woman in charge.
Khushi rushed in muttering. "What is it Khushi?" asked Arnav. "Nothing.. my shadows following me wherever I go!" she said angrily.

"Ok. Goodnight Khushi! I will meet you tomorrow morning" He said.
"No! Not morning! We will meet only in the nights. Its difficult in the morning! Someone will catch us!" She said in haste.

"Oh! That's great! Really? You think we should meet in the nights? Khushi..!" He said chuckling and Khushi blushed realizing what he was hinting at, disconnected the phone.

Both of them spent the night tossing and turning in the bed. They were as close but so apart. They had no choice. "How am I going to hide what's going on between us from everyone?" Khushi thought tearfully.

"How am I going to control from distancing myself when she is around?" thought Arnav, with his heart aching for her company.

*** *** ***

Next day morning, Arnav was at the table for breakfast and Sham walked in. He looked more tensed. His nose bandage was still on but the adhesive tapes from his cheek were removed. Arnav smirked looking at his scarred face.
"Saale Saab, I wanted to talk to you about your withdrawal." He said looking at Arnav.

"Ok! We will meet in the office!" Arnav dismissed further discussion.
Sham wanted to open this topic in front of Anjali. But she was nowhere to be seen.

"Raani Saheba! He called out. She came in hurriedly and worriedly. "What is it?" she asked.

"Nothing, get some breakfast for Saale Saab!" he said.

"Oh! I had!" he said getting up. "Saale Saab, I just request you to rethink on the issue. I mean if you need money for the contract, I can arrange. And I think, withdrawing your share will not serve the purpose. I mean who will buy your shares?" he asked expecting to get the vital information on who was going to buy his shares.

"Don't worry Jijaji! There are people waiting at the doors to buy the shares!" He said turned to leave. Lavanya walked in.

"Hi! good morning ASR!" she hugged him. He nodded and left. Lavanya was puzzled at his behavior. She went back to her room ordering Ram Prakash to being the breakfast to her room.

"Raani Saheba! Convince your brother not to sell his shares!" he said pleadingly.

"What can I say? I mean, I have never interfered in his decisions." She said and went away.

Sham dialed the number. "What have you decided. Are you buying the shares?" He asked the person at the other end who said something. "Ok. Then I will make my own arrangements!" he said furiously and disconnected.

Arnav went to the office. Another surprise was waiting for him. He received a notice on behalf of Anjali for the transfer of the shares in the name of Sham. Sham came in and stood in front of Arnav.

"Saale Saab. My wife is transferring her shares to me. And I wish to sell those shares to raise money to buy your contribution in Del-Ta Liaison" He said smirking.

Arnav looked at him with an expressionless face. "Ok. Go ahead!" he said.
"What?" Sham came out wondering. "Has he gone mad? He is on the verge of losing his control over his company!" Sham smiled smugly.

Arnav finished his morning meetings and was heading home for lunch. He dialed Khushi's number. She picked up. He could hear noise behind. "Hello Arnavji we are in Ambiance Mall with Elsa Bhabi" She said in a whisper. He turned his SUV abruptly.

He was in the mall searching for her. "Khushi! Where are you?" He asked her on phone.

"Arnavji I am with the kids in the big screen, with my shadows behind me. Elsa Bhabi and Payal jiji are shopping!" She said expecting him to say something. But he disconnected.

Within 10 minutes, she heard a whisper in her ear! "Khushi!" she turned to look, he was sitting next to her and Tej was sitting on his lap happily.
"You?" She asked looking around in fright. "hmm!" he said placing his hand on her shoulder.

The movie was over. She looked at Arnav. Tej was fast asleep on his laps. Arnav too was sleepy resting his head on her shoulder and the only one who enjoyed the 3D Tintin movie was Meera! She woke them up and said sadly "Arnavji..!".
"Yes, I know! You three go out first. I will leave later!" he said sulkily and she picked up Tej from his arms and walked out.

"Khushi came out with the kids and joined her family. "Mom, you know what? Arnav Uncle had come!" Said Tej jumping with joy. " Payal and Elsa looked at her in surprise and she blushed giving them an opportunity to laugh their hearts out.

Arnav went back to office, skipping lunch at home and ordered salad and coffee for himself in the office.

He was thinking hard on his position once his Di transferred the shares in the name of Sham. He had to do something before to stop the disaster. He drove back home...

"Di, where is jijaji? I wanted to talk to him" Arnav said gauging his sister's mood.

"Oh! As usual he has gone out without bothering to tell me!" Anjali said sulkily.
"Di, I just wanted to ask you, is it necessary to transfer the shares? Are you making a gift deed? Or is he paying you for those shares?" He asked keeping his fingers crossed.

"Oh! Chote, I did not think anything about it. He said its better I transfer the shares and I agreed. What is it Chote? Will it complicate the matters? Do you want me to withdraw the transfer?" She asked innocently.

"Di you do not know, what is going on!" Arnav thought gravely.
"Di, if you can wait till AGM or if you really want to transfer, then may be I will buy your shares and pay him the money!" he said hoping for the positive response.

"Ok. Chote, I will talk to your Jijaji and do that!" She said assumingly. He breathed relief.

*** ***
Late in the evening, Arnav and Khushi were in his SUV she was humming happily and Arnav was happy looking at her.

Arnavji, do you know what all we bought today? She asked happily. He was not at all interested but he didn't want to spoil her happy mood. "What?" he asked.
She gave him a full list of the shopping they did throughout the day. He nodded in between. They drove aimlessly. They had decided not to get down from the SUV for the fear of getting caught.

"Khushi, now please don't get upset at this. But seriously, do you want to talk to Lavanya?" he asked holding her hand and remembering last night's outburst. "Khushi, I am sorry I should have told you about it." He continued.

"Its ok Arnavji. And yes, I want to talk to her. Naniji has invited us all for the pooja tomorrow evening, may be at that time?" She asked.

"What? Are you planning to come with the family members? I mean.. is it not too early to disclose your arrival?" he asked getting worried about the consequences.

"Naniji knows as buwaji told her!" She said looking down. "Why? Don't you want me to come to your house?" she asked looking up straight into his eyes.
"No,. I mean yes, I mean its not like that. Khushi, I am worried about your safety. He will get time to plan." He could not visualize the reactions of his family members. He was worried about Di and Nani. "Mami and mamaji can be managed!" he thought.

"Khushi, do you even know the magnitude of the complications this situation has created?"

"Yes, I know better than you do Mr. Raizada!" she retorted looking at him.
"I know, only four of us here know where I work!" she said
"And you stay with papaji! you are papaji's foster daughter!" he added
"And papaji and Raj bhaiyya are father and son!" she said
"And Elsa is Raj's wife" he added
"And what are we going to tell how Elsa Bhabi is with me in my home?" she asked.
"And mummiji is papaji's wife!" He added
" Oh my god, what if that scoundrel saw me with mummiji that day?" she gasped at the thought.
"We have to find out Arnavji, if he had seen her. If he sees mummiji and papaji together, he will put two and two!" she screamed.

"Damn it! We have to sort everything out and make a smooth, consistent story that is acceptable to everyone. Khushi, its hell of a task!" he exclaimed.
"And what about the kids? We cannot tell them to shut their mouth up when they see us all together and behaving like strangers?" she asked getting lost in her thoughts.

"And. That snake does not know anything yet" She said.
"We must do something, before it goes out of our hands!". Said Arnav. He stopped the car and both were lost in finding out an acceptable solution on this problem.

"Ok. I will request papaji and mummiji not to come for the wedding! That will solve half of our problem" she said with tears in her eyes.
"But I want them to be with me in these happy days. They have been always with me during the worst time helping me to survive in the turmoil. I ... I" She started weeping.

"Khushi! Don't cry! They will be here. We will find out a way. Trust me!" he said in fake optimism holding her hand. She looked at him as a ray of hope.

"Khushi! Don't worry! I will handle it!" he said resolutely.


7 comments:

sunitasharmadubey said...

Hi KHUSHIFAN...Thank you very much for update....I must say that you really are a very good WRITER...the way you write this story..I am impressed...hope ANJALI take a good decision about her share ...and LAVANYA will ready to accept relation of ARNAV and KHUSHI without any grudge....

Anonymous said...

Thanks Khushifan for this wonderful track. Sham is getting on our nerves now. HIgh time, he slhld be handled and twisted. Only Arnav, Khushi and Papaji and Raj can handle him. I cannot understand why Anjali is so dumb. She shld be educated. Arnav and Khushi and their planning - Hats off to you.
Really very interesting and looking forward to your next. Bye and take care.
PS

Unknown said...

WOW di,lovely update!Shyam is losing his grip on the situation and I hop he soon does some mistake to let ASR have upper hand on him.Waiting eagerly for the wedding.Please continue soon.
Love

Anonymous said...

nice update, glad that he went to her right away in the mall. Waiting to see the tables turned on slime......kkg fan

Anonymous said...

wow,arshi super.., update soon,lovely update..
RS

jessjazz said...

Hi KF, loved the update!

Just wishing that the snake can be caught by a mongoose and he will be scarred for life and go away from them! But I know it is a bit too soon for that.

Now, just to be together, Khushi and Arnav have to think of ways to meet... lol

How can Anjali blindly trust the snake? Doesn't she have any brains at all?

Anonymous said...

Great going...waiting for papaji plan

Sharmi