Wednesday 21 August 2013

Part 46


"Aakash, believe me.. I am really confused... why did he go after Khushi?... I mean he had everything... money, status, a beautiful wife like Di…We all believed him , Damn it!!" Arnav blurted clenching his fists, looking at Aakash's aghast face.

"But he has done it Aakash... He has ruined Khushi's life. She had nowhere to go.. He..did ruin.. “Arnav swallowed hard. 

"Bhai.... That night she was tormented by our behavior... I mean we should have at least given  her a chance to speak up....I mean ... how could he do this to her?" He looked furious.

Arnav knew.. Akash believed Payal... Aakash was with them now.
"Aakash.... Look... he has taken Di's power of attorney to manage her finances and now all set to take up this new project in his hands.... He took five lacs in cash from her under the pretext of bribing people for this new project..." Said Arnav with solemnity.
"What..? five lacs? God!... Bhai this is looting... what do we do now? How do we stop him... Stupid me... I supported him in the board meeting...I am sorry Bhai.. I .. I really did not know..." Aakash put his hand on Arnav's shoulder. 

Arnav held his hand and said "Aakash, we have to be very careful. We have to decide when to expose him with minimum hurt to Di's feelings and our family... This will be impossible for her to take it. We have to keep quiet for some time. We have to keep an eye on his activities, find out his ulterior motive, collect the evidence and then hit hard on him.. Aakash, this is difficult but not impossible... and even if its impossible, we have to make it possible to save everyone from his clutches..." Said Arnav seriously.

**** ***
"Raani Saheba... were you sleeping? Did I call you at the odd hour?" Asked Sham calling Anjali on her cell...

"No, no... Actually I was waiting for your call... when are you coming? You know... Chote and Aakash both have returned from their business tour. Aakash's wedding date is fixed in October. I am so happy for them... we really have to make it a grand wedding.... " Anjali said passionately. 

"I just called you to tell you, that I am coming tomorrow. My work is over and it was a success. I am really happy that I am of some help to the family. You know... I could do it in an hour's time what other people take around a day.... Raani Saheba... I just could not resist telling you this news. " Sham said equally passionately. 

"Oh! That is great. I will tell chote about this tomorrow. By the way, I told him that I gave you money and he said he will reimburse the money. Please get the bills so that he will reimburse." Said Anjali innocently.

"What? Did you tell him about the money? Why? I mean I could have told him once I start the work officially... Raani Saahiba,,, How can I submit bill for a bribe? I was planning to return the money once I am assigned the project... " Said Sham sounding upset.

"Oh! No need. I will manage ... And, don't you worry about the project. Its yours. Arnav told me that he is preparing papers. " Said Anjali.

"Ok Raani Saheba... goodnight and miss you!" Sham hung up thinking...

"Ok. That is it. He finally agreed. He trusts me... I need to be cautious... He is a very shrewd businessman. I need to know more about this "Spinning and Weaving Kolkata Company" I need to do a lot of home work before I next meet my saale saab. Anyway, my today's work is a success... so... everything that starts great ends great... Congratulations Sham Manohar Zaa.... You are heading towards accomplishment of your mission...." He thought smiling and feeling great about himself. He had set the field for the Raizadas..." Sham patted his back praising himself.

Khushi kept on trying Arnav's number but there was no response. She got frustrated. She wanted to talk to him desperately and he was not picking up the phone. She could not sleep for a long time and kept thinking about what might have happened in Raizada House. 

******   *******
The door bell rang in Raizada house morning at 6.30 and Arnav woke up with a start. He opened his room door to see the servant opening the main door. Sham came in. “Shit! My day is ruined…!”Arnav banged shut his door thinking  He stopped at this thought. Since when did he become so superstitious? He remembered Khushi's silly superstitions  and a smile appeared on his face. He picked up his phone. He wanted to talk to her to tell her about Aakash. He saw 13 missed calls from Khushi. "What was she doing all night? Calling me up?" he mused and dialed her number. 

This time she did not pick up the phone. "What does she expect from me now? Call her 13 times?" he asked himself in frustration. But did not try to call her again.
He got a ring in 15 minutes. It was Khushi. "Why did you not pick up the phone?" he asked her angrily.

"What? Do you expect me to carry the phone to the bathroom?" She asked furiously. "And why did you not pick up my phone last night?" she asked.

"Oh! I had put it on silent mode and forgot !" He said and immediately regretted having said that. She had started off ..."Oh! You mean you did not find it necessary to see...."
"Oh! cut it Khushi... there will be enough time for us to fight... now coming to the point." He said cutting her off. "Look, I talked to Aakash yesterday night. Payal told him everything..." Said Arnav

"That's what I wanted to ask you last night. Jiji told me .. I wanted to know his reaction. Is everything ok? Arnavji...." She asked in a worried tone.

There was a knock on the door. "Khushi... I will call you later.. Someone is at the door." Said Arnav hurriedly and hung up.

Khushi got frustrated. She threw her phone on the bed. " Fine.. tell me when you have time... Arnavji... hope you find out some time for me..." She muttered angrily.
Arnav opened the door. It was Aakash looking like a sleep deprived person."What is it Aakash? Are you ok?" Arnav was worried. 

"Bhai... he said sitting on the bed. I could not sleep last night. I think I was rude to Payal. I should not have reacted like that.." Aakash started off.
"Oh! Aakash... come on! Call her up and say sorry... or go and meet her!" Arnav said in "this-is this simple" tone.
"Bhai... should I call her now and later? I mean can I go to her place now? What will she think..?" Aakash blurted looking lost. "Oh! Aakash, if you are so restless, call her first and then go to her home." Said Arnav in hopeless tone.

"And now if you excuse me.. I am calling Khushi!" he said.
Aakash looked at him with "Now how is eager to talk?" glare. Arnav avoided his eyes and said..."Ok Aakash if that is it then..." 

"Ok bhai,... I ... I saw him now... Bhai I am worried ...!" said Aakash "Its OK Aakash, we will talk about it later" Said Arnav looking around. 

"Khushi.." Papaji called her. "Yes papaji?" she came out of her room forgetting her cell on the bed. "Khushi, go to our Weaving office this morning and meet Shondeep Banerjee. He is the person assigned for the acquisition of the spinning mill. Help him prepare the papers. Go with him to our lawyers’ office.  Meet Das if possible.. and then tell me everything on Monday. I am leaving to Gurudwara and will be back tomorrow night." Papaji instructed her and went off. 

She then went into the kids' room. Woke them up and gave them morning breakfast and milk. She went to mummiji's room and took her to the mandir. They came back at around 9.00. She got ready to go to the office. She saw Arnav's missed call. "But now there is no time to talk. I will call him later" She thought and almost ran out to catch the Metro to go to the office. She used to take a car when papaji used to be there with her.
She went to Office and met Banerjee. He discussed with her about the acquisition for a long time and then they went to the lawyer’s firm in his car. "It's a lengthy process to convert a co-operative venture into a private unit. Lot of government approvals are to be taken. " The lawyer had told them. She couldn’t meet Dasgupta….!

They took the list of documents required for this project and the contract documents from the lawyer and came back. "Ms Khushi, we need to peruse this new deputee's profile. His name is some Sham Manohar Zaa and he is a lawyer." Khushi winced at his name. "Hum? Yes" she said. "We really need a good lawyer for this." He muttered.
"We have to interview this person" Said Banerjii. "Not us... you! You have to take his interview" Said Khushi smiling. "Oh! Yes. His profile seems to be ok, though he is inexperienced in such acquisitions! " he said. 

Khushi came back in the evening exhausted. Kids greeted her. She forgot all her worries and settled playing with the kids.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi di,
Wow,I'm the first one to comment! So,that vile creature is back in RM. Arnav believing in khushi's superstitions was hilarious too!He's slowly getting colored in her hues! I wonder what will be Arnav and Akash's next step to reveal Shtam's debauchery! Please continue soon di!
Love
Dewdrop

Anonymous said...

Nice update. Very nice. Thanks for the immediate update...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, great to see Akash believe about Slime. Glad to see Das uncle back in the game......kkg fan

jessjazz said...

Thanks for another beautiful update today!

Funny that Arnav thinks he is becoming Khushi-like in believing in superstitions...

And Shyam showing off to Anjali what he accomplished in an hour compared to a day! Pride comes before a fall!

Akash and Arnav conversation was hilarious.... and both Arnav and Khushi fighting over calling each other... and oh no! she left the cell and next Arnav will be fuming because she is not attending to any of his calls.

sunitasharmadubey said...

Hi Khushifan, It is really very nice update...Thank you so much..

Aparna said...

Hi Khushifan,

This was a great update. I feel the team of Akash and Arnav will do wonders. Good to see that Shondeep is here too. He will be a great strength.

Anonymous said...

Very good update. The snake is getting stronger day by day. Good that Payal told Akash everything and even though he is upset, he believes Khushi and Arnav and will support them completely. Arshi missing each other but, too caught up with their work. Shondeep entry is lovely. Sorry could not read you track earlier. Very busy at work. Lot of action awaited. Thanks and bye. tc
PS

Anonymous said...

Loved Payal told abt Shyam to Akash..great update..

Sharmi

Sumedha said...

"My Day is ruined!"
Wow Di the update was hilarious! Shyam is getting strong day by day! But he doesn't know he's got very clever opponents! Shyamji you are gone!
I love to see Khushi working and independent! Awesome Update.

Continue Soon...

Love You..
Sumedha.