Tuesday 6 August 2013

Part 42



Thursday morning Arnav called up Aakash only to find that he was in Mumbai for closing the deal with the supplier and he will be going back to Delhi in the evening. 

"Bhai" he said. " There is one more thing I wanted to ask you. It seems, yesterday, when I left Delhi, and you left for your business tour, Jijaji came to our office and was asking about the papers of this new project to Aman. Aman tried to contact you but could not reach you. Had you asked jijaji to take it up? I mean, we haven't yet talked to the client about this new change...." Arnav froze. "Bhai.. are you there? " Asked Aakash.

"Yes, Aakash .. I am listening and I am surprised at his move. The task is not yet assigned to him. Did Aman give away any information or papers? Asked Arnav in a tensed voice. 

"No Bhai... Aman called me and I told him not to give unless you say so. " So jijaji went back. But he must have felt hurt, we need to talk to him about our practice in the office to clear his doubts.." Said Aakash.
"No!... No need to talk to him Aakash, I will manage..." said Arnav and hung up.
"He is really fast." Thought Arnav, getting ready to visit Khushi's place. 

He immediately called up Aman "Aman, listen to me. Do not give entry to anyone to my cabin. And don't give any information to anyone on any of our ongoing projects.. understand?" He said in a stern voice.
"Yes sir. Yesterday Sham sir had come asking about the papers. I told him that the papers were not with me and I cannot give any information about it as the files are with you." Said Aman.
"But sir, it was strange. He wanted to talk to some of our staff members too. I told him that I will talk to you and then arrange a meeting of staff with him. He had a long chat with our HR guy! What is it Sir? I mean... He had never come to our office like this and now ..." Said Aman in confusion.

"Its ok. Aman I will manage. We will discuss when I come back! Make sure, he does not talk to any of our staff members unless the project is kicked off. And do not give away any financial information on this project to anyone. Understand?" Arnav said and hung up. "I have to go back as early as possible." He thought.

He came to the mansion, with his mind preoccupied with all the problems. He rang the bell. Khushi pulled open the door eagerly and gave him a broad smile. He looked at her, forgetting his worries, his spirits lifted. He was back to his self. He gazed at her with a strange look on his face and pushed her aside to enter the house. Without looking at her he walked straight to hallway and was greeted by Raj. Khushi looked furious. She turned around, stood there, thrusting her hands on her hips and giving him an angry look. He glanced at her, his eyes flashed mischief and turning his back on her he busied himself talking to Raj. 

Both of them came into the hall followed by furious Khushi, where papaji and the kids were playing. Papaji greeted him along with the kids. Khushi went straight inside without looking at any of them. Papaji gave a puzzled look at Raj, he shrugged. Smirk appeared on Arnav's face. 

Khushi came out with the butler to lay the table. Without looking at any one she went back to get the breakfast for everyone. Mummiji came out with Elsa. Everybody had their favorite dish for breakfast. She had prepared special dish for Arnav but asked the butler to serve with denial on her face. Papaji and Raj looked confused at her changed mood. Earlier in the morning she was so excited and now, she just looked furious. They tried to tease her and pull her leg to lighten her up but made the things worst. She looked angrier than before. Mummiji looked at Khushi and then Arnav. He was looking at Khushi with glint of prank and she understood. She scolded her husband and son with a mock fury and warned them not to trouble her, glancing at Arnav. He looked away to hide his smile. 

"Ok. Now, here is today's plan. I need to discuss some urgent business matter with Arnav and then we are all going out for lunch. In the evening we are going to kaali mandir as desired by Khushi and then coming back home for dinner." Papaji declared raising his hand.

"but.. I am planning to go back this afternoon" Arnav said looking at everyone.
"No way!" roared Raj. "I am leaving for US tomorrow and you are going to see me off."
"But.." he looked at papaji for his support "I have some urgent work back in Delhi" Arnav started off.
"No buts and ifs... You are staying and that's final" Said Raj raising his hand and looking again at papaji for support.

"Your urgent work can wait, puttar.... Please stay for his sake..." Pleaded papaji.
He looked at Khushi. She was resolutely looking away. He nodded in acceptance. For the first time in his life someone was overpowering him. Someone was forcing him to accept. "Why am I feeling so good to accept someone's domination?" Arnav Singh Raizada was bemused. 

"Ok. Let us go to my study for the discussion" said papaji getting up from the chair so did Arnav.
"Khushi puttar, would you like to join us?" Asked papaji looking at Arnav. Arnav was puzzled.
"I feel, you should join us." Papaji took the decision himself. Khushi obeyed. The three of them went into the study room.

"Arnav would you like to open the discussion?" Asked papaji. He was looking at Khushi who looked so confused. Arnav then told Khushi about what happened after she left. She was shocked and furious.
"But what right he has to come to your office like that? This is your company and He cannot do this..." She had got up in anxiety. "You should have thrown him out..." she burst out. 

"Calm down Khushi, these are business matters and he cannot do that. Both of you need to keep cool." Said papaji. Arnav kept gaping at her outburst. 

"Now what will you do?" she asked Arnav. She looked worried. "Is there anything I can do?" She asked Arnav. He looked at her and said "No. I have to handle it myself."
"Khushi, both of you need to be very careful." Said papaji gravely. 

"Khushi, he knows you were in Delhi. He still thinks you are in Delhi." Said Arnav looking at her.
"What? How?" she was shocked. "That garage wala told him" Said Arnav. 

"Oh my god. Devi Mayya, please help. Please modify happyji's memory. Let him forget everything. Please.. let him not tell anything to that.... Person... " She prayed joining her hands and looking up at the ceiling. She looked panic. Arnav controlled his urge to hold her hand. She looked devastated. 

"What will he do now? Will he trouble amma babuji? I know, he will start blackmailing them. Oh god!" She blurted her thoughts aloud. She was on the verge of crying. She hid her face in her hands. And then.....
"I won't let this happen. I will do anything to stop him from causing any harm to our families, Arnavji. I will kill him if he tries to do anything to you....!" She said furiously losing her control. Arnav kept gaping at her. She looked like a tigress, strong and resolute that he felt she would do it if sham was here in front of them.
"Khushi!" he held her hand to calm her down. She was trembling from head to toe, in rage and hatred. Papaji waited for both of them to calm down and then said
"You don't have to do anything Khushi! Just keep yourself away from him. We have to find out a way to expose him!" 

"I will tell Aakash about this and I am sure he will understand". Said Arnav.
"Hope no one from my family has told anyone about it. I am sure about Avinash, he won't tell ! He has given me his word!" blurted Khushi.

"This is a very tricky situation... One wrong move from our side will turn the table for him." Arnav said gravely. He was thinking hard about his alternatives.
"He can do anything! I know... even he can kill someone! I know..." Khushi again thought aloud.
"Oh my god!.. he is the one responsible for babuji's heart attack. Avinash said babuji was given wrong medicine and most of the time HE was administering the medicine to babuji..." She got up clutching her hand on her mouth. "Arnav was shocked. Khushi started pacing restlessly. 

"Anjili ji, naniji, my jiji... Oh! Everybody is at danger." Blurted Khushi....
Arnav got up from his chair thunder struck. "He has the power of attorney from my sister. He can do anything to her after he is done with snatching away all her wealth." He looked aghast. 

"Quiet... both of you!" Roared papaji. "Do not spread panic everywhere. Though the danger is around, he will not dare doing anything like that in near future. His greed will keep him from harming anyone for now. And I will make sure he stays greedy... take it from me both of you." Said papaji resolutely. He looked at both of them. 

Arnav came back to his senses first. "Yes I will make sure he does not harm anyone. I can do that." He said. Khushi was sitting horror struck. 

"We have to think about our alternatives" said Arnav looking at papaji. "We need to expose him before the family first and then take action against him" said Arnav thinking coherently and sensibly. "Payal already knows everything. I need to tell Aakash. We will do something together" He said. 

"I think Payal jiji should tell Aakashji about it. She had promised me that she will not tell this to anyone. But she was feeling guilty for concealing this from her life partner. And now they will be together forever...., I feel ...." Said Khushi.

"Yes. That's sounds good. She should disclose this to Aakash. Khushi, you call payal later and tell her." Said Arnav and inadvertently looked at papaji for approval. Papaji nodded.

The three of them kept talking about their alternatives for a very long time. Khushi and Arnav kept on discussing most of the time and papaji listening to their discussion and advising them about the further course of action whenever required. 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello

Sorry for the delay. Here is an update. Hope you like it.

Updated Dhatri too. Please read and comment!

Love

KF

Anonymous said...

A very appropriate and a comprehensive update. This depicts your maturity in writing. So perfect with all the necessary elements in place. Hats off to you. thanks for making us a part of this journey. We really miss your updates. Pls try for two in a week. My request only. Pls... Lot of action is awaited at Shantivan and AR. Bye and take care.
PS

Aparna said...

Nice update after a long time.. thanks Khushifan :)

Anonymous said...

Nice update! Please update regularly!!