Tuesday 1 October 2013

Part 61

"Who was it?" asked Sham suspiciously. He stood in her way! She was shaking with fright.
"How did you fall down?" He asked clutching her shoulders in manic. She was frightened to the core.
"I.. I slipped" she said shaking.

"Don't you try to be smart? You know what I can do to you!" He said threateningly.
"No. there was no one. I fell down on my own. Sorry!" She said looking down guiltily.
"You know why you are here! I want a minute by minute report! Understand?" Sham said furiously.
"Ye..Yes!" she said trying to make her way into the house. He moved from her way and went
Inside. She followed.

She was brought in the house to keep an eye on every one and for reporting their moves to Sham. Sham had tortured her for long threatening her. She remembered the day when she met Sham for the first time. Her Husband was working in Delhi Road lines as mechanic. Her husband had brought him in the house. She was pregnant at that time. He kept on coming to their house under the pretext of helping them with everything. He was a nice gentleman.

Then came the series of smaller accidents impairing her husband and caused him Permanent disablement. They were left to the mercy of Sham as he offered them financial help. She had all the gratitude for him. Sham was always with them during their hard time. He was there at the time of her husband's death. He helped her all the time, even to get the death and succession certificate and also filed her family pension papers.

She knew her husband owned the house they were living in. But to her shock and dispair, Sham produced the papers where her husband had mortgaged that property for some loan. She could not repay the loan. She had nowhere to go with the small kid. Again, sham came forward to help her and placed her in this house, only on the condition that she be his spy and keep reporting. She did the job honestly. Later on, in few days she could feel Anjali's warmth and innocence. She felt sorry for Anjali. She understood what sham was up to. She had gratitude towards the family as nani had offered to take care of the kid's education.

"I will not be the cause for their misfortune. I will not tell anything to that person which will go against this family. I will try to protect Anjili madam as much as possible." She used to pray every night.
She bumped against a girl and before she knew what was happening, the girl had got up and ran out of the gates. She stood there for a while looking at the girl. She bent down and picked up the cell phone. Concealed it under her saree and came back thinking.

"Who was that girl? Why was she running and looked so pale and frightened? Is she connected to Him? Was she running away from him? What did he do to her? Is she the victim of his deeds, like me? What do i do with her cell phone now?" Numerous questions made her head spin. She thought of not telling this to anyone.

She came inside and went straight to the kitchen she stood leaning against the kitchen platform panting. She was scared that Sham could see her through and knew she did not tell him the truth. She waited expecting that he would come after her again. But it did not happen Sham seemed to have taken her word in.

Sham came in. He knew something was cooking. He tried to get it from the maid but she seemed to know nothing. He had to do something drastic before the wedding. He was instructed to be dormant for some more time by his boss since the elections were round the corner. But he had no patience to wait for long. He was all ready for his hunt. He was sure Khushi will turn up at the wedding and he was not ready to give-up this opportunity. She had always ruined his plans and became a threat to his future plans.

*** *** ***
Arnav kept staring at the open door still unable to realize whether it was a dream or she really had come. He sat on his bed staring at the laptop. He called up papaji again to tell him that she has gone out safely.
Khushi went out of the gates on the road and found an auto. Payal came running after her and they went to their home safely.

"Babuji!" Khushi called out hugging her babuji. "Khushi!" said babuji with great efforts. She had a long talk with her family members and suddenly remembering something got up and said "Jiji, Buwaji, I am coming for the wedding but do not know when. But please let no one knows about it. Please make sure you do not allow that Sham in this house. By the way jiji, I bumped on someone in Raizada garden. I think she is that new maid. But please Jiji, do not tell this to Arnavji. He will be worried unnecessarily." Khushi said looking at payal.

"Can you not do one single thing right? Sanaka devi?" Screamed buwaji clearly worried.
"what did I do wrong buwaji? She bumped on me!" said Khushi argumentatively.
"Forget about it. I need to talk to Avinash and if possible meet him. She tried to reach her mobile in her bag. She had forgotten her cell somewhere.

Not bothering to think over it, she dialed Avinash's number from the landline.
"Jiji, I am going to meet Avinash now and from there will go to the airport" She hugged everyone and went out.

** **
Avinash and his wife were in he hospital. Avinash's wife was very happy to see Khushi after such a long time. "Khushi! I loved your gift. Its really beautiful. I wore it the other day at the party" She said smiling at her. "bhabi, I need your help. I want Lavanyaji's contact details." She looked at her husband.

"What? Khushi, why do you want to contact her after all this? But first tell me, why did you not meet me when you visited last time. And why did you send the gift with payal?" He asked sulking. He was visibly angry with her.
"Avinash! I had to curtail my last visit and at least I sent some gifts for both of you. You don't even bother to offer me tea or at least water and didn't tell me whether you liked it or not?" She looked at him smiling. He smiled back with all his sulkiness vanishing with Khushi's smile.

"Ok. I give up! Tell me what to you want this time? and liked your tiepin!" asked Avinash smiling at her.
"I want her contact details. I want to invite her for jiji's wedding" She said. "And you two are coming too! I don't know who will personally come to invite you. But this is my personal invitation" she told them "Yes! But are you coming for the wedding?" Asked Avinash's wife looking worried.

"Yes, I am coming. Don't know how! But I am coming, that's for sure!" Said Khushi.
"Ok. Give me the details" Khushi outstretched her hand to get the details.
"Avinash rumbled in his drawer for some time then tried to find out from his cell"
"Ok. Here it is!" He said and wrote down her email id. And gave it to Khushi.
"Thank you! Avinash. You are the one to help me in my distress. Now I have to run" she got up. Hugged his wife and went out like a storm.
Avinash shook his head smiling. "She has not changed a bit. She is the same Khushi, I knew her as a child" He said looking at his wife.

*** ***
Arnav still was thinking about the incidents. He thought "Khushi might have reached the Airport by now. I should have gone to see her off." He dialed her number. It was switched off.

"What the hell? Why has she switched off the cell? She must not have checked in. There is still time. He came out thinking about her. He saw the mail moving slowly towards his Di's room. He followed her. She was standing at the doors peeping in.

He went behind with mounting rage. What the hell is she doing outside, spying?
The maid had switched off the phone. She thought of giving it to someone in the house. The maid moved towards Anjali's room thinking of giving her the cell she found. She had only Anjaly in this house that she could talk. She was scared of everyone else. When she went near she found Anjali was talking to Sham. She waited outside. She did not want sham to know about the Cell phone.

She turned back to go after a while and froze. Arnav was standing behind her burning with rage. "What the hell!" he spoke with gritted teeth. She was trembling from head to toe with fright. "I...I found th..this" She said showing the cell phone. Arnav snatched the phone from her. He looked at her threateningly! She backed with fright.
He turned and came back to his room. He switched it on and saw the contact list. He froze. To be sure he dialed khushi's number from his cell and it rang. He and Khushi had escaped narrowly this time. He went to Aakash's room.
"Aakash, we need to go to the airport now. This girl has left her mobile here!" He said. Aakash was working on his laptop looking concerned.

"Bhai.. I need to talk to you! Its urgent! We will talk on our way!" he said getting up.
They were racing towards the airport.
"Bhai... there is a bad news! Our consignment of garments has been rejected for specifications mismatch. I received the rejection letter. It was a high value consignment to the French company, our new client. The Garments have been rejected but they have accepted the apparels"
"What? How? I mean I had given clear instructions with the specification designs.. I have to investigate... Aakash drop me at the office. You go and give her the cell. I need to take it up now!"
"Ok. Bhai, I will come later and join you" Said Aakash gravely.

** *** ***
Arnav barged into the office calling out for Aman! Aman came in looking nervous.
"Aman, get me all the files of this new french clients. I want every detail of the consignment. Get me the files immediately" Barked Arnav.

Within five minutes Aman brought in all the files. He scanned through the file and was upset. Two of the files were not arranged chronologically. He asked about it.
"Sir, I do not know. I always arrange the files chronologically. I don't know how did it happen!" Aman was clearly frightened.

"Who is the custodian of the files? You! Aman, you! You are paid for that. If you do not know, then who should?" I want a full report on this by tomorrow. .. Wait a minute... why are the document numbers jumbled up? " Asked Arnav throwing the files on the table. "Tell me the missing numbers" Arnav went collecting the files. Arnav read the rejection notification carefully noting down the loopholes in the terms.

He hooked on to the Servers and opened the folder for this client. He had made it a process that all the documents are scanned and kept on the server. He searched for the specification document and the designs. "I have to find out who has changed the designs..." He thought.
Aakash came in. "Bhai I gave the cell phone and came back immediately. Bhai... did you find out something?" Asked Aakash.

"Yes. Some documents are missing. Someone has tampered with our documents..." He said looking worried.
"Aakash, let us keep this for later. First we need to do some crisis management. Tell me where is the consignment now? What was the delivery value? Check the penal clause... We have to check the salvage value ... check what is the mismatch... Find out our cost. Get the insurance details. Aakash I need this in one hour. " Said Arnav.
"Ok Bhai. I will compile the information and get back to you." Aakash went away.

Arnav opened the MOU with the Client company. He studied the penal clauses. The consignment values and deadlines for delivery. He checked with the finances and loans for this consignment.

Aakash came in with the figures. They discussed the situation at length. "Ok. Aakash, This consignment was of 250 thousand Euros. Our cost including the transportation is about 10 crores. Now the apparels cost is 6 crores which are accepted. Now we need to get it back with the additional burden of transportation and customs on us. We need to salvage .. get back the consignment, categorize the material. No question of repairs and covering up. We need to redo everything. Utilize all our resources. We need to resend the new consignment within one month to minimize penal fees. Sell the rejects, push them into local market... get ready for the additional financial burden. We need to plough back some reserves from other units into this. Bank will not extend loan for redoing. One installment we miss and we are in mess. Make sure we have to repay the bank loan. Understand?" Arnav said this saving even his breath.

"Aakash, remember! Minimizing the loss is as good as profit for us now! Call the emergency meeting of the members of boards of all the group companies. We need their approval for ploughing back some profit from other units! " Arnav said gravely. "Yes Bhai" said Aakash agreeing to Arnav's views.

They both came back home late in the evening. Sham was waiting for them.
"What is it saale saab? You are looking very serious! What happened? Is there anything I can do?" asked Sham in silky voice. Arnav ignored him and went straight to his room. He was not going to call Khushi!

*** *** ***
Khushi reached home very late. She went straight to mummiji's room. She could not find papaji there. Mummiji told her that he is in the study. She went there and knocked on the door. "Papaji?" she asked. There was no answer for a while and then papaji said "Khushi, I am busy now please meet me tomorrow." She understood that he is not happy with her.
She pushed the door and went inside. Papaji was at the table staring at a open book with his hands folded on his chest. "Papaji..! I... I am sorry! I made a big mistake... I should have asked you before going... I am wrong and I really regret at it... There is no justification for this...Please papaji..." She went nearer. Papaji did not look at her.

"Papaji.. please look at me. I am ready for any punishment... please papaji... !" she said on the verge of crying.
"Its not the question of punishment, khushi! Did you know how many people you put in danger? Did you understand what would have happened if you were caught?" He asked her.

"Yes, papaji.. I understood. I am sorry. I have learnt a lesson. Please forgive me?" She said going nearer and putting her arms around his neck from behind. "Papaji I am sorry! Please?" She asked lovingly. Papaji could not resist. He smiled and stroked her head saying "I cannot get angry with you, my child!"

She smiled and came back to her room, thinking of calling Arnav.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello

Dear Anonymous and Anonymous... Thank you very much for your amazing and lovelyyyy comment! :)

Sunita, thanks for your comment. Yes, Khushi is climbing the learning phase now... knew lot of things in corporate world...!

Kkg Fan... Thank you! Yes poor khushi is always misunderstood! but when the MU gets cleared... she is more adorable with her simplicity...!

Dear Akansha, Thank you for taking time and reading the story... I read your fabulous updates too! Keep writing my dear and entertain us!

Anonymous, thank you for reading the story and appreciating it.

PS thanks again for your beautiful comment. Yes the pair is good... but snake is gooder..! :) the good and bad balancing the life...!

Jessjazz Thanks a lot jess...Arnav already knows Khushi knows a lot but he is not yet in a state of accepting it... hehehe... aage aage dekhiye hota hain kya!

Again Anonymous, thanks for your comment and here is an update for you!

Hope you like this one too. And please read Dhatri too... KKG Fan and PS... I know you are adrent fans of IPKKND but I bet you will like Dhatri too...! Please... all 31 Dec readers, do read dhatri and comment... hehe... promoting my own story... feels wierd...!!

Love
KF

Anonymous said...

good update., wonderful story.,u can see my comment hereafter regularly.,

RS

sunitasharmadubey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sunitasharmadubey said...

Hi KHUSHIFAN...Very first a big THANK YOU to this nice update....so the maid is also sham`s victim ....you know this sham is more cunning then IPKKND`S sham....he is all set to destroy ARNAV..in every possible way...but I like if any how he caught doing things by ANJALI....and she start thinking about it...its only a suggestion....I really don`t want to interfere in your thoughts about the story....Thank you again for nice update...

Anonymous said...

Hi Khushifan, Another fantastic update. My God, today some many aspects were highlighted in your track. Sham can stoop to any level to manipulate on people and still try to get away. Must be brutally punished (sorry to say this..). Good that phone was given back to Arnav, Khushi tho Bal bal bach gay iss bhar.
Your disaster recovery plan and execution is highly commendable. Only a very successful entrepreneur can come out with such a strategic execution. Hats off to you.
khushi is always cute and positive. HOpe things work out better for both of them.
Sorry will read Dhatri as well.
Thanks and love you. Bye
PS

jessjazz said...

Shyam is really evil! He takes advantage of everyone. My God! He also had a hand in the maid's husband's death. This is just too much. Rabba you should punish him severely.

Khushi, as usual, running in and out as fast as possible and she even knows that Papaji is upset about her running off to Delhi! But he must realise that she loves Arnavji and definitely she had to see for herself that he was in good health. But she being the Sanka Devi that she is, will not use her brains when it comes to 'helping' others.

Luckily the phone reached Arnav's hands before any other damage was done. I bet you the consignment was meddled with by Shyam through the 'mole' he has hacking the computers. Hope Arnav gives some thought towards realising that computers can be hacked.

Anonymous said...

Dear. Khushifan
Sorry for my late comments. Wow ! Khushu n Arnav narrowly missed . Lovely update. Nice to enjoy the bond btw Avinash n Khushi.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

superb....really loved it....eagerly waitin when will be sham exposed his deeds infront of whole family.....when will arshi unite together...

Anonymous said...

superb....really loved it....eagerly waitin when will be sham exposed his deeds infront of whole family.....when will arshi unite together...