Thursday 10 October 2013

Part 67



"Khushi..!" he called longing for her.

"Arnavji, Thank god you called! You know what, I was about to call you! You know, papaji gifted me a web cam today. I am trying to install it on my laptop. ... But this damn old laptop is not helping me" She said frustrated.

Arnav smiled forgetting his worries. He told her how to install drivers first and then set up the camera. She was dumb at it. He gave her each and every instruction and finally it got installed. It took a long time for her to start video chat.

Finally Arnav's patience paid off. He could see Khushi's face on his screen. His spirits lifting up, he stared at her image.

"Khushi..!" he could only whisper her name. But Khushi seemed to be jumping with joy. She said "Arnavji, I can see you. This is great! We can see each other. Can you see me?" she posed for him looking sideways and bringing her face little closer to the camera. He was lost in her, craving to touch her, kiss her.

"Hello, Arnavji... " she almost shouted. He was back startled. "Hmm? What?' He asked her.
"Are you ok? You look tired! How is your hand?" she asked him looking concerned.
"I am fine, Khushi! I am perfectly alright!" he said throwing a fake smile at her.
"Arnavji, now you can't deceive me with your fake smile. I can see you and I know something is wrong. Tell me what is it!" She asked staring at him. He avoided her gaze.
"Oh! Come On, Khushi!" I am ok. Just a little tired that's it" He said looking at her.
"Oh! Ok, then Arnavji, take rest, we will talk later" she said getting ready to log off.

"No! wait.. Khushi!" Arnav looked desperate.
"Hmm? She looked at him questioningly. "Tell me why do you look so pale?" He asked her.
"No! Nothing! I am perfectly ok!" She said avoiding to look at him.
"Let me see! Khushi stand up and go back a little" he ordered her. She obeyed. He looked at her from head to toe and called her nearer. "Khushi, you look weak. What is it? You must have lost at least two Kgs. " He looked at her questioningly. She winced, how did he know? She had lost almost that much of weight. She said "No! Nothing. No! I didn't lose any..."
"Khushi, don't lie to me! I know!" He said. "What is it? Are you not well? Tell me... Tell me goddamn it!! He screamed at her with mounting rage.

She winced and looked frightened at his outburst. " I I am performing penance and have started fasting one time..." she confessed in a low voice!
"What the hell you think you are doing?" He shouted at her. "Khushi, I had forbidden you from this stupidity. Don't you understand?" He screamed. She looked away hiding her tears..

"Khushi, promise me, you will stop punishing yourself right now! Promise me Damn IT!" He got up from his seat waving his index finger threateningly.
"Arnav ji.." She started off in a small voice looking scared. He was not ready to listen to her. "Promise me, Khushi or I will log off forever!" he threatened her seriously.
"Ok. Arnav ji!" She promised. He looked satisfied. He sat down looking at her longingly. She blushed. Ok Arnav ji, good night?" She looked at him. He still was staring at her. He pressed his index and middle finger to his lips staring at her. She logged off blushing. He smiled and closed his eyes, dreamily!

All the members of Raizada family had gathered for the morning breakfast at the table. Arnav had specially invited Payal that day. The wedding date was approaching and they had all set for the big day.
"Nani, yesterday Payal talked to me!" Arnav said glancing at Payal and Aakash. Both of them looked nervous. "Its her wedding and she wants her younger sister to be with her at the wedding!" He waited for everybody's reaction.

Nani did not react, just looked at Arnav trying to read his mind. "Hello hi bye bye! That phati sadi cannot come in this house! Say bye bye to her!" Exploded Mamiji.
"But Chote..!" Anjali started off nervously. "How can that be possible? I mean...she is the one.." Arnav looked at his sister gravely.
"But, where is she? Do you know where Khushiji is?" Sham had cut off his wife blurting in surprise. He looked tense.

"Payalji, what is this? Do you know where she is?" Asked Sham getting up from his chair and sitting down immediately realizing that everyone was looking at him.

"That is none of our business!" Arnav said authoritatively silencing everyone. "Payal wants to invite her sister and.." He took a deep breath "I have no objection to it!" He said turning his back and ready to leave.
"But Chote..! You forbid ...!" Anjali spoke "Di, Please! Its payal's marriage and I want payal and Aakash to be happy. That's it!"
He looked at Nani for her approval. "Anjali bitiya, I think he is right. We have no right to spoil her mood. She needs her sister with her on her big day! I think we should not object to her presence on their wedding!" Said nani in a firm voice discouraging further discussion on this topic.

"But Naniji, Saale Saab will not approve this whole heartedly. I am sure it will be worst day for him ..." Sham started off.
"I said, I have no objection for her coming to the wedding!" Arnav said with gritted teeth and turning to leave the table. He strode towards his room, his heart racing and thumping against his chest. He had managed to get the approval.
He went into his room closing the door behind him. He stayed pressing his back on the door for some time closing his eyes. He did not hear any harsh reactions from downstairs. The things were settled. His Khushi was going to attend the marriage without any hesitation, with the permission of Nani.  His heart jumped with joy.

Sham was restless. He knew all his plans would flop if Khushi enters at this point of time. He had started to weave the net. One tug would ruin everything. He had to stop her from coming at any cost. Now he knew that payal knew where she was. If payal knew then Aakash would know and other family members too.
"I have to keep an eye on payal and her family" He thought curling up his lip. He knew whom to contact. He dialed Happy Ji garagwala's number.

"Hello Happyji. How are you?" He started with sweet tone.
"How is everything? You know I am worried about Guptas! The marriage date is approaching but you see I cannot come to their help. I am busy in Lukhnow! Just wanted to talk to Khushi ji!" He said waiting for the answer.
"Khushi ji? She is not here. At least I have not seen her. But every week she calls me up to know about the health of her babuji. She also asked about you once or twise!" said happyji happily.
"What? Did she ask about me? When?" he was surprised.
"When she was here and then went back to her work" Said Happyji.
"Where does she live?" he asked his heart racing.
"I don't know. She said she has a new job. She calls me on the STD booth installed in the garage." He said.
"Oh! Ok. Do you know her number?" Asked Sham expectantly. "It's the same I believe!" answered Happyji. "I didn't bother to ask her"
"Oh! Ok. I have her number I will call her." Sham hung up.

He knew even if he called her, she wouldn't pick up the phone. He should confirm her number first. He went back to the hall, where Payal, Aakash and Anjali were discussing about the arrangements. He sat beside his wife patiently waiting for the opportunity. The decorator called and Anjali hurriedly walked away to talk on phone.
"Payal ji, did you see the sample photographs of the wedding decorations? Come, I will show you!" said Aakash getting up. Payal followed. Sham grabbed the opportunity. Smirk appeared on his face. He had everything under control.

*** *** ***
"What is it, Sham babu? What do you want this time?" Asked the sub-inspector.
"Take down the number and get me the location of this number. Track this number!" ordered Sham.
"Ok. Sham babu! What happened to my work? Did you call the minister?" Asked the Sub-Inspector. "It will happen in due course of time. Don't worry!" said Sham and hung up.

**** ****

Khushi was surprised to see Payal's Call at this hour of the day. They had decided to call only in the night. "Jiji? What is it? Is everything ok?" she asked concerned. She thought about her babuji. "Hello, jiji! Are you there?" She almost shouted. Her Jiji hung up without uttering a single word. When Khushi called back her phone was switched off. Khushi was puzzled.

Her cell rang again. She looked at it. "Arnavji?" she had another surprise. First her Jiji and now Arnavji! "Arnav ji?" She called out loudly. There was no response. "Arnavji, are you there?" she screamed.
"Ye.. Yes!" he came out of trance. "Khushi...! Its done! Your are coming for the wedding! I declared it officially and everyone agreed!" He said excitedly.
"What? Oh! Thank you Arnavji! Hey Devi Mayya, Shukariya....!Arnavji..." She said screaming.
"Hold on! Khushi, I am in a hurry, I will talk to you later!" he hung up. Khushi went into day dreaming mode.



16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello everyone,
Thank you for reading the update...
Sunita, thanks a lot for your beautiful comment. Let us see what happens next....
Kkg fan, thanks for the comment... everyone by now knows Arnav’s hotheadedness.... He should be more careful now...! and others too!
PS, thanks a ton! A cornered cat is more ferocious!! Let us see what a Cornered Sham does in this story...!
Ano
mous, thanks for your comment...
Phari, thank you very much for your comment. Yes nani now knows that something is black in this all bright shamu.... let us see how the story unfolds..
Hope you like this update too.

Love
KF

sunitasharmadubey said...

Hi KHUSHIFAN... THANK YOU for another nice update....So ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA NE KHUSHI KUMARI GUPTA ko shadi me bulane ka intjam kar hi liya interesting...and our hateful snake is ready to bite again....anyway waiting for next....

Sumedha said...

Hi Diiii...
I'm back. I missed you so much. Was fixed in some family problems and then the exams. I knew it was Arnav's and Khushi's plan to keep Anjali away from that creep. See I also have brain and can sumtime use it. Hihihihihihihihihihi...
Enjoyed today's update thoroughly. And I hate that Shyam i noe he only called Khushi from Payal's number. He has a very cunning brain.

Update soon...

Love you..
Sumedha.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful update, Arnav managed to get his Khushi approval to come for the wedding. Too bad Slime called up Khushi and tracking her number,,,,,you make hating him so easy.......kkg fan

jessjazz said...

Hi KF, sorry for not commented for the past few chapters. Just enjoyed reading them! But I was appalled at how Shyam is now thinking that he is able to con everyone.

He brought in the new maid... also hacked into computers and now favours from sub-inspectors... but when the Thakur 'relatives' came looking for him, he hid himself (like the coward he is) and now sweet-talking Happyji to get more info about Khushi. I just think it might have been a lot simpler for Khushi to 'tapak' at the wedding instead of informing earlier.

And now he has called her using Payal's phone. How careless Payal is or was it part of their plan?

Arnavji needs to stay on his toes if he wants to get rid of Shyam!

And the conversation between Arnav and Khushi was so cute... at least he had the patience to instruct her on how to install the drivers and fix the webcam... it can be a long drawn out process.

Unknown said...

Lovely update di!Enjoyed it alot.Poor naniji was so worried due to that Ratan Singh Thakur and I'm glad that naniji and mamiji are now doubting Shyam.Arnav and khushi's moments were quite cute too!Now,Arnav can see his beloved through webcam!I bet he's quite happy!So,Arnav finally convinced family members to invite khushi over in the wedding.I wonder what will happen to Shyam.Though,I've an intuition that he's going to try his dirty tricks.Those blank calls were probably from him.Anyways,please continue soon,
Love

Anonymous said...

sorry for the late comment jst nw read ur update., arshi rockzzz.. wonderful update..
RS

Anonymous said...

Another Excellent track as a treat on Navrathri from you. Thanks for your valuable time. Loved that part where khushi set up her laptop under Arnav's guidance. So cute both look while they converse. Finally ASR brought the topic of Khushi to attend Payal's wedding. Good that Nani agreed.
Again, worried about Sham and his wicked tricks. Did he get Khushi's No. Pls ....He shld never be successful.
Thanks a ton for this. Bye and good night. Have a nice festive weekend. Bye
PS

Anonymous said...

So cute..loved arshi moment sharmi

Anonymous said...

So cute..loved arshi moment sharmi

sunitasharmadubey said...

Hi KHUSHIFAN... VIJAYADASHAMI KI SHUBHAKAMNAYEN....WISH YOU HAPPY DASHAHARA.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Khushifan,
How r you? Long time no update. waiting for your update. please update soooon...
Thanks
Phari

Anonymous said...

Hi Khushifan, How r u? Hope everything is fine. No updates. Missing you. Pls update.
Thanks
PS

Anonymous said...

Dear. Khushifan
How r you? Hope everything is fine with u. Almost a week completed without u r updates. Hope everything is fine. Take care.
Cheers
Phari

Anonymous said...

hi,where are you? its a week without ur update,. plz update soon. missing ur updates., come back with super duper update,.
RS

Anonymous said...

Hi. Khushifan,
just a friendly concern.. R u Ok?

Phari