Thursday 9 May 2013

Part 14




He looked at her who was like a dead person.  All the energy, her enthusiasm, her brightness had drained out.  His encounter with her on her scooter flashed and a line of smile appeared on his face.  His grip on her wrist tightened. She couldn’t sense it.  She was numb.  She couldn’t even feel his grip. He was so happy being with her riding her scooty... and now...

“She is the one who always won... unmasked me with each encounter.  Now its my turn” he was determined.  He had done it.  He was successful in tying her in a lifetime relationship, which he didn’t believe in.  

“Now its my turn to make her realize how wrong she was in judging the person. I will make my point!  I know now she is mine forever and I need not play any games to win her." He slowed down to walk with her.  The pressing issue right now was to face the family.

Sham had already reached and was waiting for them outside the door.  Sham knew if he could trick Arnav, he can manipulate anjali anytime to his advantage. But Arnav had seen him through...

A black car had stopped at the gate with lights and engine turned off. Arnav took her hand and slowly walked to the front door. Sham rang the bell. Servant opened the door. Arnav, with clenched teeth murmured ... “Khushi, I have to do this. He squeezed her palm and said "be ready..."

He held her right hand with his right hand and put his left hand around her left shoulder held her tightly near him and asked his servant Ram Prakash to call everyone. He came inside and stopped at the corridor for everyone to gather. Each one of them had a puzzled look. Sham went forward and put his arm around Anjali. She was surprised to see the trio. Khushi had sindoor all over her forehead. Arnav had held her tightly. He took a deep breath... and said.

"Khushi married me and she is my wife now."

"What..?" shocked was everyone's reaction. He waited for them to react.

"Chote, what happened? Is Khushi bitiya ok? From where are you three coming? Are you alright?" spoke naniji first trying to assimilate the situation. She sensed something fishy going on here. She looked at Khushi. She felt sorry for her. She Sensed Khushi in deep trouble. She wanted to come to Khushi and ask her.. but looking at Arnav's aggression she did not move.

It was Anjali to speak next.
"Chote, what is this? Why at this hour? What was the problem? Why did you not tell me? And How come sham ji is with you?.. " She looked at her husband for explanation. "Rani saheba..." he started off. But decided otherwise and withhold his explanation.

"Nothing di.. Arnav cut him off. I had to do this. That's it!" He looked straight into Sham's eyes with his cold gaze. Sham shut his mouth up.

"What??" Lavanya opened her mouth with stutter... "Chamakili? What is this? Is this some kind of joke? What is this ASR? You were to declare our wedding date? I can't believe this..."She was aghast.

There was a silence for a few moments... Then she blurted, "Khushi what is this? I thought you are my friend? How could you do this to me? Why? Khushi, why? You knew, I love ASR!"

Arnav Held Khushi tightly... he wanted to communicate !! Khushi could feel two parallel conversations going on. One what she was hearing between Arnav and his family members and other what Arnav was trying to communicate with her without a word.

Arnav was saying, "I had to do this" and communicating by his tight grip ("Khushi, this was my decision" )
He said there was no other alternative. (I knew what I was doing and this is my choice)

"What does that mean?" Lavanya for the first time yelled at Arnav. "What did she do to compel you ?" Arnav paused.. "Look lavanya.. I mean.. I know how you feel but... I cannot explain this now." (His grip said Khushi, I know you did not do anything... it was the situation... and of course the choice..everything will be alright"

"But why? Lavanya wanted the explanation..." Arnav had none.

Khushi, was sweating in that cool winter morning. She looked aghast, unable to assimilate the two parallel contrasting conversations. She felt assuring warmth of his grip and felt like someone is throwing cold icy water on her face. She was sweating like she had a bath..Sindoor on her forehead was dripping down on her nose and on the floor like blood.

"Hello, hi bye bye. I knew these poor classless girls can go to any extent to have rich young boys and then they blackmail them" "Same thing must have happened to Arnav Bit..."  Mami opened the dirt.

 "Shut up!" Screamed Arnav... But she went on "Arnav bitawa, why marry her? We could have done away with money.. I am sure this phati saree must have done something to trap you and now have come here as your wife..Isn’t it"? Arnav, opened his mouth ... but he was thinking hard.... His grip on Khushi loosened.
"What is that compelled you ASR? Lavanya asked again taking a step forward.  What did Khushi do to get you in this situation? Why did you do this to me? I want the answer now...."She shouted...

"Did Khushi trick you? What is this sindoor and all. You never believed in these things..Tell me ASR.. Tell me now...."She screamed. Arnav's anger went overboard... he shouted at lavanya "Enough, Lavanya.." "I don't give it a damn... I still don't believe in this ... all .. its for her..."

"What? Why Khushi? You taught me morals and values and made me believe in Marriage and all!  Where are all those things now? How can you betray me like this? Didn’t you find any other person... or was it that it was your plan from the beginning to keep me in the dark? Why Khushi why did you..." Each of her allegations made khushi pace backward. Arnav had lost his grip on her... she was looking at disgust and hatred on everyone's face...she was losing this...

"Enough!! " Arnav screamed at the top of his voice. But lavanya was not to be stopped ...she said "Ok. ASR I understand she must have tricked you with her beauty.. must have blackmailed you... I don't give it a damn either. Its only a sindoor and all! It means nothing to me!  I will forget all this drama! We can go heard with our wedding plans.. but tell me ASR, tell me what did she do to trap you like this... she did this! Isn’t it? Tell me ASR tell me.... Tell me...?"

"YES" Arnav stopped dead at this. His heart stopped... his throat went dry...

The damage was done with this one assertion. He started off "I mean, it’s my decision I married her.. And that's it!  I do not owe any explanation to anyone..."

Hello, Hi Bye Bye.. " see, I told you she tricked him.! What a shameless girl is this...phati saree... That's why I told you Aakash not to go after that begger sister of hers.. that  Payal..."

"Oh shut up mother..." Akash asserted for the first time with disgust in his eyes. "I am not like him, my bhai. I confessed my love and am ready to wait for her acceptance. I am a simple person and will keep my life simple with Payal. I am deeply in love with her and have made it known to her.. " He went on.. "Do not compare me with him; I know both of them love each other. Look at them... He did not tell her his feelings, went to extremes, and now..." He sighed  and said in a mournful voice. "Look at him... Arnav Singh Raizada.. he didn't even notice, his life, his love.. his breath, his heart has left him...." Everybody turned to Arnav, He swung around and looked back... A blood red droplets of sindoor on the floor stared back at him.." Khushi was gone....


26 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Hi,

Thank you for your comments. and Also posted the next update of Dhatri. Please read and let me know your feedback.

Thank you very much once again.

KF

Anonymous said...

wow....great update..looking forward to read more of these kind

Dayavanti said...

Ohh dear this was more painful...I feel like crying..this is the first update of yours which I would not want to read twice..I even read that encounter between khushi and asr when he almost tried to kill her twice...but not this one..this is too painful..

I hope you will update early tomorrow to balance this and ease some pain out of us

Sumedha said...

Diii it was a painful update, but loved it alot...
continue soon...

plzzzzz make khushi back to normal very soon and love you...

Update soon...

Love you...
Sumedha...

Unknown said...

Hey di,Its such a sad update.Poor khushi getting blamed for no fault of hers.That lavanya and mami are literal cows,though I loved the way akash stood for payal.Hope everything will be fine and khushi will be back soon.I loved the way ASR supported her.
Its so emotional,I am feeling like to cry.Hats of to you.Everything was beautifully described.Can't wait for more.
Love
Dewdrop

DK said...

finally you made Akaash speak too!!! this is what you do to the characters.. find their strengths and use them to strategic advantage of the story. Akaash never spoke against ASR. But when it came to love, he is a man of his own thought.. very well done..

lakshmi said...

KF i loved the way u added parellel conversation here...where ASR is assuring khushi what he wanted to tell her in his tight grip....i don't remember this in ur earlier ff. I think here he trust her and assures her by his actions what she ment to him...loving this more...

Anonymous said...

Excellent update. Very emotional one indeed. Arshi are facing the worst situation. Poor Khushi has lost her battle. The thought of parallel conversation that Khushi felt was just superb. YOur creativity has reach new heights. Khushi has disappeared. Lets wait and watch. Thanks for this wonderful track.
Bye and take care
PS

sharan said...

khushi gone but where ahhhhhhhh every update you are leaving at suspense note waiting terribly for next update

Anonymous said...

Hey KF!!!!!!!
This is the first time am commenting here....completed reading ur opposite poles and 31st dec till this part...
Am in love with ur writing..the way u describe the emotions and the scenes...Hats off...
Have already read ur first 31st dec story....but very eagerly waiting for the slight diff version of it...

-viji-

Anonymous said...

hello di...
please let khushi go away from him like this... seriously feeling like crying more than Khushi n Arnav... please do something... don't let her go like this.... why can't she understand his love for her??? n why can't Arnav defend her properly??
good night
priyanka

Anonymous said...

sorry i meant, don't let her go

kalaiselvisblog said...

wow dear... his grip on her.. dat way of communication.. wow... ha y he has to say "yes"..

i really liked akash.. wow his words.. so true... khushi has gone... so dat black car is papaji's...

Anonymous said...

Bravo Akash...so Khushi s vil go to Kolkata with papaji..loved the update..

Sharmi

stories.1408 said...

just read last twp chaps of this story.havent read d prequel yet but plan to.will comment in detail after finishing all d parts

Anonymous said...

Poor Khushi always seem to be on the receiving end, give the poor girl a break......waiting for longer updates: ) You have such great storytelling detail, paying attention to minute details..... kkg fan

jessjazz said...

Although Khushi seems to be in a daze, all of them shouting at her is not a good sign!!! And being in La's position, I can understand how she must be feeling... but is that really love for ASR?

Akash finally spoke up and kya baat ki hai... "Look at him... Arnav Singh Raizada.. he didn't even notice, his life, his love.. his breath, his heart has left him...."

ASR's 'YES' was the reason she ran away!!!

Razy said...

poor khushi. .feeling bad for her. .but arnav will find her..hey na..

Anonymous said...

Let them have few raba raba

Anonymous said...

Waiting to see what is Arnav going to do to get her back. Beautifully witten...Arnav having 'private convo' with Khushi through his hold on her. Am really feeling sorry for both of them. Love an hugs to you KF from Suhana, Sydney.

Anonymous said...

khushi has become numb to understand Arnav's gesture!!!! It is very painful for khushi to go through this....Maami & La left no chance to humiliate khushi!!! why don't Arnav say that he loves khushi & save her from their taunts.... i felt hurt when khushi left RM without a word.....

smisham said...

Well done akash, sometimes the joy of a lifetime can be lost if u refuse to listen to ur heart

bhagii said...

no where did khushi go who is d one flowing khushi n very nice thrilling update thank u:)

Anonymous said...

Heartbreaking to read the accusations slung at Khushi. Loved the communication through his touch, just wished he didn't let her go especially when he said 'Yes'- that was the point when she really needed his support. If only he'd taken a short detour and explained to her...she needed verbal reassurance to clear her confusion and would have coped better. La was hurt and when hurt especially by those you come to trust, you'll say anything. But Mami is such a...urrrhh...glad that Akash shut her up and spoke good sense. You've also maintained Nani's character well- she's got the right ideas and knows Khushi too well. Such a sad chapter written brilliantly. Many thanks

F xx

Oh and the simile of sindoor to blood was brilliant- the sign of marriage acting like an injury, each accusation acting like a blow to the wound never letting it heal, just continuously drip. Great stuff :D

Anonymous said...

I loved this update, the reactions are so real and so true to their characters. I have to say my fav bit was Akash at the end. He's told the world about his love for payal and he's stood up for her, he also realised that arnav loves khushi. I guess the glasses help ;)

SB

carmen bogdan said...

I read breathlessly. Very well written and captivating